He wasn't ready..

Why do men say they are ready, but really aren't?  DG and I agreed to try again.  It was okay the first week,  because my kids were away, and we were able to have some quality time.  Actually that was the beginning of the end.  Being alone with him, was nice because we were able to get to know each other again, or so I thought.  After my children came home from the weekend, he made an attempt to be a father figure.  I have a 10 yr. old daughter, and the last time she has seen her father was when she was 6, so do you think she took lightly to this man stepping in and acting like her father.  I tried to explain that he needed to move slowly, but his ego, wouldn't allow him to listen. So he built this false relationship with my daughter, that only crumbled in when it came time for him to not fulfill one of her requests. 

So when it came time for him to go home, why did he not want to go home?  He had become spoiled.  He actually asked to say for another week.  Huh?  I mean its nice having you around, but damn, go home!  So I sent him home, he was bothered.  A sign, I should have paid attention to.  When he got home, he called every four hours, another sign, I should have noticed.   As the week went on, he became more clingy and aggravating.  So I didn't call him one day.  A whole day went past before I talked to him, and man you would of thought, that I had slapped him or something. He was very upset.  He wanted to know why I didn't call him.  Well, hell I didn't' feel like talking to him, damn.  He actually couldn't understand that.  I don't understand why, he couldn't understand, that I didn't feel like talking to him.  That didn't change any feelings or anything, or did it? 

In a relationship, you are supposed to communicate with each other,  and since he lives away, that means calling each other, all the time.  That is what he explained to me, like my ass hasn't been in a relationship before.  Are you getting these flags, that my dumb ass ignored?

Anyway,  at this point, I feel that I don't need to talk to him every four hours, he doesn't' need to  know my every move and every single thing, I do each day.  But he did, which made me realize that he still has this high school mentality of how a relationship should be.  He wanted me to call him when I got up in the morning, he wanted me to call him when I go to lunch, he wanted me to call when I left work, and when I got to my house from work.  Damn, that's a lot of talking, isn't it?  You know, I probably would of ended up making some of those calls, but not all of them, and also when I wanted to, not when he expected me to.

He wasn't ready for an adult relationship.  He wasn't' ready for when I say, I'll talk to you later, I mean probably tomorrow, or when I feel like talking to your ass again. and because I will call you when I feel like it, its because I feel like it and my feelings haven't changed about you.  He wasn't ready for, if I go out to a party and I didn't invite him, its because I didn't' want him to go, because he will stop me from flirting, but because I went to a party with 5 other women, and I didn't' want his ass to go.  He wasn't' ready for me to not expect him to pay any bills for a house that I bought without his ass and because he isn't living there, I don't expect him to start paying any bills.  He wasn't ready for my children to not just start acting like he is their father after two weeks, but because he is involved with me, that they should.  What the hell...?

He just simply wasn't ready...

when he can go a whole day, without calling me and not have an attitude because he hasn't talked to me then maybe he will be ready... when he can sit in the car, while I talk to another man, who just happens to be my daughters god father, and not want to stand beside me, just so that man will know, that he is with me, then maybe he will be ready... when he can wait for me to leave a function, because I'm still enjoying myself, and he isn't the center of my attention, then maybe his young ass will be ready...

Why do men, say they are ready when they really aren't?  Does he think that by acting way, he will ever have an adult relationship?  I should of realized the problem when he kept calling me his "girlfriend."  I am to damn old, to anyone's girlfriend.  What the hell...?  Anyway,  I called him last night, and told him how I felt...  how do you think he responded?

He cried.  Oh my god... he really wasn't' ready...


No comments: