Love isn't the only one...

You know, I have the heard the line "Love makes you do certain things..." many times.

but Love isn't the only one, that makes you do certain things...

Death. There I said it, when someone is sick, its weird how they don't want you to say that word, I went to a funeral today. All day long I couldn't stop thinking about what if that were my sister, or one of my kids.

The Bible presents death as separation: physical death is the separation of the soul from the body, and spiritual death is the separation of the soul from God, and even with this interpretation, the most holy person you know will still mourn the death of someone close to them.

To mourn is to feel sadness, but yet in the Bible we are taught, that Jesus died not only to give us eternal life, but to take away our grief and sorrows. Grief and sorrow, isn't that apart of mourning?

So why do we mourn, if we know that dying is apart of God's plan?

Death is not only a state, its a being.. a persona. "Her death was immediate." "Death dropped by last summer."

We fear Death, just like we fear snakes, or heights, or being robbed. We think of these elaborate scenarios of how we can escape it.

I have even imagined my funeral and all of the logistics and such. It was pretty elaborate...


After a while, I snapped back into reality...

but what do I say to her sister, or brother or uncle? That Death is apart of God's plan? They know that already. Her brother didn't want to eat... he didn't want to talk to anyone. He didn't want to do anything, but just be. Love isn't the only one that makes you do things.

No comments: