Love is no longer a verb..

I created a blog before entitled "love is a verb"...I am continuing with this theme, because the content of this blog, is related to that one. I was reunited with someone from that blog. DG, he appeared out of no where, and demanded that I allow him the chance to be the man, he should of been then. Woah. After getting over the initial shock of his boldness and aggressiveness, I agree to at least go out with him. Hell we might still be together, if he was like this, when we were together. Anyway, we go out to dinner and catch a movie, and then chill at my crib, to catch up. He has changed quite a bit, but throughout the entire time, together, I was trying to remember the feelings I had for him, and then it finally hits me.

Why try to bring back feelings of a relationship in the past? It didn't work. Its not going to work now. But as the evening went on, he made me realize that he isn't the same teenager with the same teenage feelings... and neither am I. I began to see him as a man, a man with different qualities and different aspirations, and different goals. I looked at him, and then I looked at him again. And then I started to get butterflies, and my palms started to sweat, like on a first date. And he must of realized because the conversations changed, they became generic, like "what is your favorite color?" and things of that type... then the uncomfortable, nervous silence after brief conversations, and then it happened, he grabbed me and kissed me. I nearly fainted, because before, I was the aggressor, and was always in pursuit of him. But this time was different... really different. Not knowing what to do next, we talk about the possibilities, we start speaking about the type of relationship we should have. He questions my current love life, I tell him about CB, which I can't believe. And before I knew it, we were talking about expectations of each other, and what we wanted in a relationship. So after a few more hours of talking and kissing and talking, he leaves. Nope, we didn't have sex, we came close, but we didn't.

So I get up this morning to get ready for work and I feel different. My daydreams are not about the usual, winning the lottery, going shopping in Paris... meeting Prince. They are about, buying a house, planning a wedding...

so you see, before then, I was young and believed that love was a verb. This activity that you engage in, as you grow and pass through stages of your life. Now that, one of those loves has come back, it has transformed and evolved. Today, I went to lunch and the fine ass security guard that normally winks at me, I didn't pay him any attention, until I was coming back from lunch and he stopped me and said to me, something has changed, huh?
I thought to myself, yes love is no longer a verb....

No comments: