Has your mother ever said to you, "you should watch what you say in certain places." Or better yet, you might want to look around before you speak." Well what I just experienced was incredible. Not only was I offended, but totally shocked. I'm in the elevator, in my office building and these two ladies get on. I don't know if they looked and saw me, I'm mean really LOOKED and saw me or not, because I'm still trying to wake up, from the long bus ride, I just finished. But before you know I hear the statement, "if I had had a nice big black man, do it, then it would of taken so long, because you know that is just about all they can do well." I immediately awaken and look up. Two slightly older "white" woman were having some type of conversation, in which one of them, regretted not getting a "nice big black man" to do whatever it was they were discussing. Me, totally unprepared for what I had just heard, decided I would wait to see what the hell they were talking about before I go off. So the other ladies, asks, so how long did it take? The lady who obviously made the statement replies, "four hours." So the other one, goes, "wow, that was really long." I'm dying now, because for one, I still don't know what they are talking about, and we are approaching their floor. So I do the very famous "dry cough" to see if that gets them to realize that a "black woman" is in the elevator with them, and for them to shut the hell up about whatever they are talking about. But nooo, that doesn't work. The lady who "needed the big black man" goes on to say, I don't know for some reason, I think a black man would have had it done in less time than that. So as the elevator stops on their floor, and the doors open, the ladies walk out, and the other lady goes, "so are you going to get a new car?" The first lady replies, "yeah I have to now, since Ted couldn't fix it." After hearing that, I step out and say, "excuse me, you did see me on the elevator, right?" They had the nerve to look at me, puzzled. One answers, "yes," and then she replies, "is there something wrong?" I say, "hell yes, your conversation implied that black men can only repair cars!" As a black woman I would say that is racist." Do you know that heifer had the nerve to say, "really you're black?" After that statement, I just toned the rest of what she was saying out, and got back on the elevator. As I sit here, typing this blog, I keep going over in my head, what I should of said. But then I probably would of gotten in trouble, for verbally assaulting someone.
No comments:
Post a Comment